Gin seems to be completely something that is completely hyped about by everyone at the moment. So what best than a Gin & Tonic cake!
*side note I actually made two of these cakes today so my images will be with double the below recipe ingredients!!*
- 250g butter
- 250g caster sugar
- 250g self-raising flour
- 4 eggs
- 2 lemons
- 10 shots (I use a plastic shot glass to measure this) of gin
- A few splashes of tonic water
- 150g granulated sugar
Heat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Cream together butter and caster sugar.
- Add eggs one by one and mix until combined.
- Add flour bit by bit until combined.
- Mix in the lemon rind.
- Add juice of ONE lemon and 5 shots of gin and mix until combined.
- Pour mixture into tin.
- Bake for 45 – 55 minutes.
- Once cake is completely cool start on drizzle.
- Mix granulated sugar, juice of 1 lemon, 5 shots of gin and tonic together.
- Put mixture in a pan over a low heat and heat until sugar dissolves.
- Poke holes in the cake.
- Pour mixture over the cake and allow to absorb.
- Remove cake from tin.
There we have it Gin & Tonic Drizzle cake! Perfect for summer!
- Beth x